Instructions for applying
Funding can be applied for:
- Research close to electrical engineering and information technology.
- Mainly research groups, and and the launch of new research groups.
- Preliminary studies and project preparations.
- Small-scale project targeted to enable further large-scale funding. This application can also be an individual scholarship.
- As part of a project funding. The part can act as a private funding from the viewpoint of the main funding body. In this kind of applications, the grant can be conditional, i.e., Ulla Tuominen Foundation will grant it share on the condition that the main funding body makes positive decision.
- Multiyear projects. The decisions will be done annually, but duration shall be given in the application.
Funding cannot be applied for:
- Funding of applicant’s doctoral or other thesis.
- Product development projects. Enterprises may participate in the accepted project, but the results must be open for anybody.
- IT system development projects.
- Research periods abroad. Ulla Tuominen Foundation funds for mobility through the common post-doc pool of foundations (postdocpooli.fi)
- Incentive grants for doctoral students.
Contents of an application:
- The name of the project and the schedule.
- The eader of the project or the responsible researcher and their CV.
- The abstract of the project.
- The description of the project, maximum of four pages (not counting the list of references). If the main funding body is other than Ulla Tuominen Foundation, the application required by the main funding body is good as it is for Ulla Tuominen Foundation.
- If not evident in the application, a short, one-paragraph description backgrounds or/and roles of other persons participating in the project.
- The budget and the share to be applied from Ulla Tuominen Foundation.
Cimmo Nurmi, 044 710 3371, cimmo.nurmi(a)samk.fi (Chairman of the Foundation)